Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Spider and the Fly

There is a gnat or mosquito or fly in my room. It's been there for over two weeks. I didn't know they lived this long. [I don't want to think about the idea that it has procreated and that I may be dealing with hardy greatgrandson material.] And this is California--we don't hardly have any flying insects to begin with, so it is distressing to have it in the house and much worse to have it in my room.

Spiders are another story. The house came with spiders--lots and lots of them--ok, I kill about ten a year--not exactly a horror story "Attack of the Wall of Spiders," but for someone who hates all bugs, one is a horror. I bought a spider vacuum. If I remember to charge it, it works really good. I know that I haven't zapped all of them, because I got bit by a spider last week.

So my question for the universe is--Don't spiders eat flys? There's perfectly good food flying around in my room and we know the spider has successfully evaded the spider vacuum and yet it still bites me instead of dining on the fly. Is the enemy of my enemy, my enemy or my friend (my favorite line from "Dick Tracy") Is the spider mad at me like the cat? Years ago right as we were walking out the door to take the cat to the vet to have him declawed, a mouse literally jumped into our house (over me). The mouse successfully evaded all traps and the cat refused to chase it. I think the cat was mad at me for having him declawed.

And by the way, how did the fly get in my room. The door is closed all the time. The windows are closed all the time. Did the spider gnaw a hole in the ceiling and put out the welcome mat?

I don't think four hours of sleep is very good for you. But it was a really good book.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home