Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, April 17, 2006

It's not willpower

Thank goodness. I've used up all my willpower and the cupboard is empty. I'm reading Dr. Phil again because my weight is inching up and he says, losing weight forever does not depend on willpower. You know how sometimes you are so broke that you can't even add up the pennies to buy a hamberger at McDonalds, well that's the state of my willpower bank--it is all spent--there's not even dust at the bottom of the purse. It's time to kick it to the next level. I think that means sports. I've never been too good at sports. Too bad giving speeches doesn't use up a lot of calories.

5 Comments:

  • At April 17, 2006 at 11:57 AM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Bike Riding is a good sport, you used to like that.

     
  • At April 17, 2006 at 6:12 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I have been thinking a lot about sports. Sam is all over every sport, Jackson could not care less. Coincidence? I don't think so. J & R get out and show Sam how to shoot a basketball and hit a baseball. Lyle and I play lot so different music for Jackson and encourage him to dance. Wait, dancing is a sport isn't it? I feel like I need to get involved in something to set a good example but I can't imagine what. If you were here I would make you join a volleyball team with me.

     
  • At April 17, 2006 at 10:13 PM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    For you, raquetball. Mom and I played while I was pregnant, it's fun.

     
  • At April 18, 2006 at 6:52 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    I remember playing raquetball. It was fun. I was so young. Actually, if I had been younger, I would have been better at it.

     
  • At April 18, 2006 at 9:51 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    I was worried about Adam and sports too. When the time comes, join t-ball and offer to be in charge of something administrative. There are lots of other parents who are good at coaching and bad at being organized (which we excel at).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home