Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, April 07, 2006

How busy can I be?

I have nothing planned for this weekend or next and my week next week is very light. Except for the Babe Hermann baseball tournament. And getting a few things out for ABWA. And I should read my student's essays--I mean I gave them all a participation grade, but they would probably appreciate it a little more if I actually read them. But really, I have nothing to do. So it's time to tackle that list of things to do. I can clean the ceiling in the kitchen--how hard can it be to lift those panels out and hose them off. True, there will be insullation all over the place, but really two years is a long time to have really dirty ceilings. And the filters need to be changed and the recycling should go out and the back porch needs to be swept and I have to check for standing water. Oh, I should check the roof too. And since I have nothing to do, I'll take the car in for a check up--it's been running funny. I think that last battery change was treating the symptom and not the problem. And since I'm over there I'll do some shopping--the price of diet coke is escallating to rival gas prices. Hey, I could read a book--I have six just waiting to be cracked open. Oh, and I'd really like to do some spring cleaning. I could make a list for every room. It would be so nice to go into the cupboard and have everything in order. Wouldn't that be fun, to put the kitchen in alphabetical order. Out of the corner of my eye I can see my PTA bag and I'm remembering that I never sent back the reflections entries--I really ought to do that since I have nothing to do. And my taxes--I think it's almost time for taxes. And then there's my really long list at the office. And my long list of home repairs--I'm laughing--I'm not doing any home repairs. My friend who is a property manager gave me the names of her people, handy man, painter, etc. It's just a matter of making some phone calls. Maybe this weekend--I have nothing to do.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home