Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, March 30, 2006

New York Contest

Marje just called and wants to enter me into a contest to win a trip to New York. I had to promise to take her if I win. No problem. Get all the community service you've done and all the newspaper articles and pictures together for the application. Just what I need, more work, but New York City--isn't the miniscule chance that I'll win a trip worth all the work. Actually, they will also give $2,500 to the charity of my choice--that's a pretty good incentive.

The termite guys were here this week, in the rain. I could have sworn the guy told me when I was getting the estimate that the deadly chemicals would last for 10 years except for earth movement (for which I heard earthquakes) and water erosion. Seems to me that treating the ground, in the rain kind of speeds up that water erosion part.

Then today I had the plumber out--Steve, Barb's son, nice guy. He told me that I have tempermental toilets. He can replace the full "innerds" or he can put in a few replacement parts for a lot less. Replacing the full "innerds" (yes I made that word up) doesn't make the thing any less tempermental, just costs more. I guess I blinked a few times, not answering and Steve kindly said that he'd order the replacement parts. What I don't know about toilets should be so much more than it is.

I tried to make a list of things to do, but it was taking so long I figured I better get back to work instead (and then of course my blog called me--btw great comments lately--ants--I'm still laughing).

1 Comments:

  • At March 31, 2006 at 3:48 PM, Blogger Tim B. said…

    Oy, what I could tell you about toilet innerds!!

    I don't know what the guy wants to charge you, but I think an entire toilet full of innerds can be built in about an hour, and all the parts, new from the store, would probably cost about 10-15 bucks.

    If I lived there I'd do it for ya. Especially if you keep laughing at all my dumb comments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home