Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, February 16, 2006

See a Penny, Pick it Up

All day long, you'll have good luck. I've lived by that rule for many, many years. Then one day, the penny in question was really filthy and I re-evaluated my belief system. I decided that while such a benign irrational belief system was generally harmless, who knew where that penny had been or where any penny on the ground had been and decided to break with irrationality.

I saw the brightest, shiniest new penny on the ground yesterday. I wanted to pick it up and have good luck, but I wouldn't allow myself to backslide into irrationality. It was so shiny. I did not pick it up. Shortly thereafter I had such a headache. I couldn't get anything done at work and I couldn't even stay at the PTA meeting that night. I thought eating might help--ouch, I was so full my stomach hurt, too. The pain that must be endured to overcome irrational belief systems. I'm not making much progress here.

4 Comments:

  • At February 16, 2006 at 12:15 PM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Those of you on the editing committee can probably figure out what happened when she didn't stay at the PTA meeting yesterday!

     
  • At February 17, 2006 at 3:46 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Damn penny!

     
  • At February 17, 2006 at 7:48 AM, Blogger Megan said…

    I don't go for pennies i go for big change. LOL
    Luv Ya Megan
    P.S. thanx for Scene I've played it with my dad already I even tried to play it with bryan and sean but they had know idea what i was talking about except for a few which were about south park, simpsons, and full house.
    Thanx Again

     
  • At February 17, 2006 at 7:50 AM, Blogger Tim B. said…

    Do like "Monk" and pick it up with a hand wipe. Then go home and clean and disinfect it. Put at least a dollar's worth of labor into that penny. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home