Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, January 02, 2006

Soggy New Year

If you watched the Rose Parade then you know that we are having real rain in Sunny California--it's pouring. Feels like February. A few years ago I put all new gutters on my house and had the roof refurbished (the closest I could get to fixing it up without actually replacing it). But I'm sorry to say that the roof is leaking buckets full of water--in the detached garage which I didn't want to spend any money on. It's like a waterfall in there. I'm sure that that's a really bad thing, but I don't know nothing about fixing no roofs. Baling water--I can do that.

Our dog has been having problems of late--no doubt jealous of the new baby in the house. She was limping around, walking really really slow and then she started with the crying and moaning. It got so bad that I allowed her in my sitting room (she's not allowed in my sitting room, but it has a heater and it's carpeted). Well Aunt Mary to the rescue, for Christmas she paid for us to take Lync to the vet for xrays and treatment. First Lync had to have stinky medicine for an infection on her back and then because she immediately began to lick the medicine off, she had to have a cone around her head. Pitiful--that dog was absolutely pitiful in a cone. At first she stood perfectly still for hours and then ever so gingerly she figured out how to sit down. When Adam tried to take her outside to pee, the dog refused to walk. She's a big dog, so Adam had to push and pull her along. After a few days, she had figured out how to lick her back even in the cone. After xrays confirmed that the dog is suffering from arthritis, we got medicine that Lync gets to take in a piece of pepperoni--talk about a spoon full of sugar. Long story long, now we have a very different dog--it's like she's in her second childhood. She runs or should I say gallops, through the house now and begs a lot more--so spoiled. She even peed in my sitting room, because she didn't want to go out in the rain. Bad dog, but at least she's not so pitiful anymore.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home