Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Forty, Smorty

So after all that worrying that I wouldn't have forty hours to finish my project, I'm done and my log is at 41 hours. Sure I got up early on Sunday morning and was late to the Kiwanis Christmas party and I stayed until 10:30 last night to finish, but it is done. Now I can start my Christmas cards.

The tour of homes was wonderful. I had the best home on the planet, it was decorated so, so pretty. The owners made four gingerbread houses that were absolutely adorable. I never had any interest in them before, but now I want to make one. I also have never been a fan of fireplaces, but in their home, the fire in the fireplace was so wonderful. It almost makes me want to fix ours--almost. Sunday night after the Kiwanis Christmas party, I finally got busy to decorate our tree. We're late this year, because someone went off to the hospital to have a baby around Thanksgiving--I'm not naming any names, you know who you are. Actually, I just took out the ornaments that I liked and Adam put them all on the tree. I got him to put the lights on also, but he didn't put the beads on--I finished that this morning. All in all, I'd say we're getting into the Christmas spirit pretty good.

At the office we are having a gift card exchange for our stealing santa gifts. At first I pooh poohed the idea--I don't want a gift card. But then someone suggested a really unusual gift card--the .99 cents store or somewhere like that and now I'm thinking, this could be interesting. The collection department for the last few years has gone a little crazy exchanging gifts, so this year Peter said, let's just go out to lunch instead. Yeah another opportunity for me to pull out the tired old subject about how few things I eat and the whys and wherefores. So then I had the brilliant idea--let's stay in and play Michigan Rummy at lunch instead. Order sandwiches from downstairs and play a really fun game. (You eat sandwiches from downstairs was Jim's response--no of course I don't eat sandwiches from downstairs). Then I said, we can even play for real money. Now I had people's attention. This is going to be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home