Procrastination (But I Digress)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

40 Hours

So for my Level 1 teaching class I spend six or seven hours every Friday night tavelling and attending the class, and I have homework every week (read an incredibly easy chapter and answer incredibly nonsense questions) and there are in class presentations (next week is 15 minutes "lesson" on critical thinking, I think I'll teach them how to do sudoku puzzles). There's only three more weeks to go and I'm thinking, this was easy--cool. So I look at the syllubus and I realize that there is another bigger project than the in class 15 minute presentation due at the end. No problem, I can handle big projects--big projects are my middle name. I must spend (and log) 40 hours completing my big project. Now I know I've spent at least two hours thinking about it already (on the train coming into work, I even mentioned it to a co-student (sic "The Firm")--that counts right). So 38 to go. I sat down with my calender and mapped out the next three weeks. I don't have 38 hours available. I'll have to put hours in the evening and eight on all available weekend days. Yuk. Brainstorming is good--I'll start brainstorming all the time in the car from now on. That'll be good for another six hours or so on the drives to and from class. That's the ticket.

In other news, Caitlyn started crying at 7 a.m. today. What a nice baby, I was already awake. I went out to see if I could be of assistance, but Mommy and Grandma already had her happy. She's very inquisitive--has to look around at everything and I know she can't see very far beyond her nose yet, but she still seems to give the old scout try. I have only seen a couple of mouth expressions that can be remotely described as smiles, but I'm still looking.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home