Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, October 17, 2005

Thunder, Lightning & Hail

Wow, are we having wild weather here. Last night on the news they were all "Storm Watch" which they do whenever the slightest bit of moisture enters the 50 mile radius that is Los Angeles. So when I heard a few raindrops at 10, I thought, wow, they were actually right, we have moisture. The lightning at 1 a.m. was surprising, but the thunder and torrential pouring rain for over an hour with no breaks that kept me awake was alarming. Then I went to a funeral (graveside service) this morning--it was partly cloudy, but the rain was over or so we thought. As soon as we got out of the cars, it started coming down in buckets. Luckily, my friend said everyone should get back in their cars until they put up tents, because a few minutes after I got back in my car, we had hail--a lot of hail. I know you Michiganers are saying, ok, when are you going to get to the wow part, but this is a big deal to Californians who never have any weather to speak of. There was a big rig that overturned on the 5 at the 134 and both sides of the freeway were closed down for hours this morning--that is huge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home