Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

No Hippy Blues

As I was sitting in traffic this morning, worrying about gas, it's the end of the month, will my budget streatch enough to get me over the weekend, will my gas tank hold out for the rest of the places that I have to go, thinking about all of the stuff I have to do today, Kiwanis and ABWA today, plus I have a test planned for tomorrow's class and I still have to enter the attendence from last week and I have lots of work to do at the office and a project due in my class on Friday, there was a piece on the radio about a guy who was missing hippies at the local college this year. Gone are the girls with the long hair parted in the middle wearing long skirts, gone are the tie dyed tee shirts, gone are the people who take a year off to follow a band, gone are the folks who are not into material things and are anti-busy. Anti-busy--what a concept. I think that that is my ideal vacation plan--to do absolutely nothing. But I hate sitting in front of the tv and I really want a few good books when I'm doing absolutely nothing and I would like to have a few plastic canvas projects and cross stitching projects to do, but then I will feel like I have to get those accomplished. Man, I'm really bad at doing absolutely nothing.

Well Mom, this is one of the too silly to post blogs that I sometimes indulge on--post or not?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home