Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, September 05, 2005

Tennis Anyone?

What a great weekend of Men's tennis (so far the Women's has been uninspiring--but I'm looking forward to Venus and Clijsters and Pierce is ahead in the first set--will it be Pierce and Mauesmo--that should be good). First Blake beats Nadel, then today he beats Robredo (who was named after the movie "Tommy" which I though would be impossible and then I did the math--OMG). Then Coria and Massu duking it out (literally). It looked almost easy for Agassi and then all of a sudden Malisse comes alive and made me doubt Agassi. Lions and Tigers and Bears, o my. And it's not over--there's still another whole week of tennis. I have to learn how to work my VCR.

Marisa's baby shower is getting knotched up a level--we are renting the boy scout house across the street. I asked if we could get into the kitchen early and they said, the back door is locked and so I said, let me borrow the key--it's not like you don't know where I live.

I made soup this weekend--Marisa said it smells like Grandma is visiting. Unfortunately it doesn't taste like Grandma is visiting, but I'm on a diet anyway.

I've been practicing my humorous speech for tomorrow at Toastmaster--it's just not that funny. So I wrote a different one, but it's not that funny either. Humor is hard. TTFN

6 Comments:

  • At September 5, 2005 at 7:43 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    To quote Buddy Hacket, "Jokes are easy, funny is hard".

    Interestingly I had occasion to quote Buddy Hacket a couple of days ago regarding tennis. His advice "Hit it where they ain't".

     
  • At September 6, 2005 at 6:42 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I watched Agasi beat whoever he was playing and that was a good game. I am glad that Blake one so it will be Blake/Agasi today (right?). I had tennis on when Sammy came over yesterday and he yelled TENNIS!!! I could not believe it. We have to get Jackson interested in sports somehow.

     
  • At September 6, 2005 at 8:57 AM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Football season has begun, go out back and toss a fottball around.

     
  • At September 7, 2005 at 6:02 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I suppose I would have to buy a football first. He does have a baseball glove, thanks to Adrienne, but it is ten times bigger than his hand still.

     
  • At September 7, 2005 at 8:59 AM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Now is a good time of year to get "playground" balls and such at Target. You can usually buy a set of football, soccer ball and foursquare ball for about $10.

     
  • At September 7, 2005 at 10:43 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    I won the speech contest. So now I go to the next level. The problem is that I didn't give the speech from my notes, I just winged it. I'm giving the speech again on Thursday to sharpen it before the next level of the contest. Clijsters won!!! She's number one in the rankings for the tournaments that led up to the US Open, so that means that if she wins the US Open, she doubles the million dollar prize.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home