Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Is that your son?

I get that a lot from clients when they come into my office for the first time--Jackson is a pretty darn cute, so one of these days, I'll just start saying yes. My picture of the other kids isn't on the computer, so I just didn't get that many "are those your children" as I get "is that your son"'s.

This morning I picked up a client at her hotel in town and last night when I was driving home in my filthy car stuffed full of empty diet coke cans, I thought, maybe I should get the car washed. So I was up at the crack of dawn (Marisa or somebody started the dryer which always wakes me up and then I can't place the noise for a long time to make it stop and then I realize it's the dryer and it's not going to stop--ugh). Since I was up so early I thought instead of just de-littering the car, I'd go the extra mile and actually go to the car wash. Sometimest the car wash takes 10 minutes and sometimes it takes 40 minutes--so I made sure I had 40 minutes. First I got gas (I was really up pretty early) and then I had my 40 minutes to get the car washed. There was almost no one there so I was trying to formulate whether it was worth going back home or if I should just get there really early. You know how when you have nothing to do, you drag it out to fill up time--the guys that work in car washes do that. At 34 minutes I started getting worried that the guy would never stop wiping and circling the car. Each time there was something else that he was cleaning that was supposed to be cleaned. At 38 minutes, my client called and that's when they beepped the horn to tell me the car was ready. It's not even 9 a.m. and I'd already had my full dose of stress for the day.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home