Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's Official

The scale said 125--I have officially reached my goal. I heard yesterday that the additive to diet drinks actually trains your body to store fat cells better. Diets do that also, so my body (with all the diet coke I drink) is an expert at storing fat. The way to combat that is to raise my metabolism with eating more and exercise. Eating more is a scary proposition and I'm doing all the exercise I know how to do now. My knees don't hurt now as a rule, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to run marathons. So somehow, I have to stop losing weight, but also not gain any back. oy vey--this was supposed to be a good thing, reaching my goal.

I'm working on a speech called the Biggest Loser to impart my experience on a captive audience--Toastmasters. I'm trying to come up with the secret to my success, but all I've got is psychologically exercise was important to keep me focused, but that I didn't lose much weight until I controlled my calerie intake. I read a great line in Dr. Phil (maybe I've already shared it), stratigic planing beats willpower everytime. That's what I do, plan, plan, plan.

Elysa gave a speech about body image and when was losing weight enough--when was our body image acheived. I couldn't relate at all--I really think that I look exactly the same--I know logically that I am slimmer, but I think that I look exactly the same. So I was either in denial about my derriere before (it sure suprised me in pictures), or I have an anorexic's view of myself now. Who knows, who cares--I've reached the number that the book says I'm supposed to be at, so that's the main thing.

1 Comments:

  • At August 5, 2005 at 6:03 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Woo hoo!! That is fantastic. I am so proud of you. I had not heard the line about willpower (or I forgot it) but it makes perfect sense.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home