Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, July 25, 2005

Size 6

Apparently the difference between size 6 and 8 is much less than the difference between size 16 and 18. I know it doesn't make logical sense, but wouldn't you pay a lot more money to fit into a 6 when you wear an 8, but not so much difference between a 16 and an 18?

The blouses that I love (and had just purchased about 8 of in the past three years in size 18) did not come in white in size 10. In fact, as I now recall from my early 20's, all the clothes I like are sold out immediately in my size. So I got a pink--I can always use a pink blouse. What I really need is a navy blue suit. I have three pairs of navy blue shoes and no navy blue suits or even slacks. So I ventured out into Nordstroms, nothing; Macy's, nothing; Robinson's May, nothing; JC Penny, I'm getting desprarate--now I'm trying on size 8's--too big--nothing in navy blue and then I did it, I tried on a size 6--unbelievably it fit really nice. But it had really funny stripes--there were no pockets--it wasn't that great of a sale--uggh. Very depressing. How, how to salvage this day. "Size 8 is too big" is rolling inconceivably around in my brain and I finally get it. Nordstrom has my favorite blouse in many colors in size 8. Hallelujah. White, a really pretty red, a very nice blue and of course I can always use another pink. What a wonderful day.

P.S. In case you are wondering why I didn't buy size 6--I can't possibly fit into a size 6--it's inconcievable, all evidence to the contrary. I'm sure it is a fluke that can't be repeated in a controlled environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home