Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Fixing all the Misunderstandings and Hurt Feelings

What on earth is up today. Last week the executive director from Girl Scouts council called me and left a message to call her back. I thought, wow, I'm actually going to be invited to be on the board of directors. So I called her back and left a message. And she called me back and tersely left a message that she heard that I was going to National Convention and that I had to be invited to go and I should call her right away to clear this up, because they were putting in the reservations and I should have given her the courtesy of a call. Ok, it wasn't quite that terse, but it felt like it. So I called her back and left her a sugary sweet message, No I'm not planning to go to convention and of course I would have called council if I has wished to go. I was very proud of myself for sounding so professional and gracious. Privately I thought and told a few people, woo hoo, a get out of girl scouts free card. Today I get a call from the executive director who apoligized for misunderstanding that I had not requested to be a visitor at the national convention--council is willing to pay the registration and was really hoping that I could go. Huh? She made it sound like her message was trying to invite me to go rather than berating me for not telling her I was going. She thanked me for my dedication to girl scouts and hopes that I'll be able to make the next convention--there's a lot of changes coming--a dynamic time in girl scouts that she knows I want to be a part of. Ok, I'm sucked back in.

Then I just got an e-mail from the PTA president. At our last meeting, she asked for a volunteer to be in charge of Baccalaureate. I've never been to one and should get familiar with it, so I volunteered. Five minutes later the past president came in and she volunteered. Susan announced that the past president had graciously agreed to be in charge of Baccalaureate later at the meeting and made no mention of me. Someone else said aside to me, didn't you volunteer for that and I said, who cares, I don't know anything about it anyway. So today Susan sends me an e-mail, she feels horrible that she forgot that I had volunteered in the course of the meeting, she can't believe that she did that, how can she make it up to me.

Oh my goodness gracious, what's with the new moon today.

1 Comments:

  • At July 7, 2005 at 5:11 PM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Susan hit us with a one two punch, beacuse now I guess I am the webmaster for the PTA page on the Hoover website. Erika get ready for some emails!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home