Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, June 03, 2005

Summer Time--not quite.

I went to a barbecue last night, but it was so gloomy and cold, it really didn't feel like summer. We ate indoors. Last Sunday I went to the beach. It was drizzling in Glendale, but it was sunny at the beach. And cold. I had a tee shirt around my neck like a scarf and a towel around my shoulders. I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and I though I was going to die of frostbite. But it sure was pretty.

I bought a pink sweater a few weeks ago and now it's harder and harder to wear black--I'm ready for those bright colors of summer. Yesterday someone said how lucky I was to lose weight, that now I'll be able to buy clothes I really like. In fact it is the opposite. I already had a lot of clothes that I really liked a lot bought over years of shopping at sales and not sales, just because they were too great to pass up. Now I have to have smaller clothes all at once and I have no money and no time to wait for great sales, so I'm stuck buying whatever I can afford when I absolutely need something else. I'm wearing an old extra large top today and it's just so big, that I have to buy more tops, but I have no money this month for clothes and so I'm thinking, well I'll just get some weekenders and put them on a card, but then I have to pay interest on a card for something I don't even like, but I look like a clown in these extra large clothes. Nordstroms is having a sale. I think that I'm going to go to Nordstroms and buy stuff I like and pretend I'm buying it just because, but it's really on sale so the interest that I pay will be like paying full price for it otherwise which I'm totally capable of doing anyway. Can you tell I'm reading that "Shopaholic" series that Adrienne liked so much.

I'm still five pounds away from my goal--sometimes three and sometimes six--very frustrating. I told Adrienne that I'm going to take up bike riding and she warned me that I'll put on muscle weight and can I handle that. I'm pretty sure I can handle muscle weight, if I have some measure that it's actually muscle in them there thighs. Of course, I'm still not too sure about the helmet and I sure hope I don't have to wear those skinny little bike shoes and bicycle pants. Maybe I ought to rethink this bike thing some more. It's not really summer yet, I have time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home