Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Bingo-not

I didn't win at the YWCA silent auction (thank goodness, because I'm broke), of course it is rather impossible to win when you don't sign up for anything, but still I didn't win. I didn't win at the Kiwanis major fundraisor--I only bought a tenth of a ticket, but still I didn't win. I didn't win the raffle at ABWA, of course I donated some of that crap, so it's just as well. I secretly suspect that my tickets were lost and never made it to the bowl because we drew about 50 tickets and still I didn't win a thing. And finally, I didn't win at Bingo--I waited three times and Gloria won (but split with five people) and Gloria waited once where the crying number was a winner for her, but I didn't even come that close. What an unlucky weekend for me.

So all my fundraisors are over. People have gotten over telling me they are sorry that I didn't win the election, but now they go on and on about how much weight I've lost. Over here living it, so anyway. I'm within four pounds of my goal, but the last few took over a month, so I'm not holding my breath. I am getting a french apple pie for a pot luck near my birthday, but I just looked it up and the regular apple pie is 865 calories for one slice. I guess I'll have a bite.

3 Comments:

  • At May 24, 2005 at 7:01 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    At a silent auction one time for nar-anon I kept going around signing up for things just to keep the prices going. One lady ended up with a bunch of the stuff and put it all in a gift bag for me, and told me she knew I really wanted it since I had bid on it so often.

     
  • At May 24, 2005 at 7:01 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    that last comment was me - Gretchen - on Mommy's computer

     
  • At May 24, 2005 at 10:21 PM, Blogger marty said…

    Bingo tonight, thought I was going to do a Kathy, but won. Not much, but three times my buy-in

     

Post a Comment

<< Home