Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, April 25, 2005

Yahoo

So was that confusing?

So Dave says last week, you know that they are searching for a new college trustee and I say, not interested and I think to myself, I am so through with politics. I went to a meeting at Jack Scott's office (he's our state senator) for a planning meeting on the women in business luncheon we're co-sponsoring with the legislature representatives and I realized that it was the first thing I've gotten excited about since I lost. Maybe I do still like politics. Then we had the meeting at the YWCA and I learned about all the problems they are having and I'm thinking that the money I was expecting to be paid back April 15th (yes, which has passed already) is probably never going to get paid back and so all those campaign debts that I incurred thinking I could pay back with the money that I loaned the YWCA is out the window and I owe a whole bunch of money on the credit card that I don't have, so I need to get a second job. I went on the internet and looked into teaching a course at the college--there's no openings, but I can leave my resume on file for one year. Then I went to GUSD to be a substitute teacher--again, leave your resume on file for one year, teacher's with credentials get first crack--it could be a while and then I'll have court that day and that will be that. So how can I earn about $350 per month to be able to make payments on this credit card debt..... Look in the paper this morning and the College Trustee position pays $350 per month. Coincidence, I don't think so.

So, you need a letter of intention and a resume. I'm racking my brains, what to write, what to write--oh, how about the trouble that Marisa had getting good classes, oh, how about my own experience in community college, oh, how about the great scholarship candidates I've met through ABWA, oh, how about the lack of vision being shown at the state level when they cut funding to an education program that is the cornerstone of what makes California a great state for innovation and business, oh, how about the lack of vision that doesn't provide enough parking to allow the students to be able to fit a full academic schedule and work schedule in the average day of a student, oh... I guess maybe I'm kind of suited for this thing after all. Cross those fingers and toes again. I won't know until May or June. I might get to attend a candidate's debate, yeah.

2 Comments:

  • At April 25, 2005 at 5:42 PM, Blogger marty said…

    Forget what you like. Forget what you think.

    WHO PICKS? Think about what they want or at least want to hear.

     
  • At April 26, 2005 at 5:26 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I couldn't agree more, find out who your audience is and play into it (but you knew that).

    We just had a girl trying to get a scholarship to go to graduate school for a counseling degree and she thought it was appropriate to detail all of her counseling experience (from the other side of the couch) in her essay (...after my brother went to jail, my mom slipped off the deep end into alcoholism...). Luckily Salina is really good and got her to change it before it was sent in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home