Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, April 01, 2005

The final push

Just when all I want to do is crawl into bed and not get out until next Wednesday, it's time to make the final push to get elected. I have a 1,000 balloons and a helium tank, so it's time to get balloons out to the masses. I have 3,000 door hangers, so it's time to throw the list out and just get them on every door I can. I thought that my house full of teenagers would come in handy for these jobs, but not so much. Adam has a couple of friends who will help for a few hours on Saturday, so hopefully... And we have the montrose festival on Sunday, so we should be able to get lots of stuff out then. No one has yet volunteered to make calls on Monday to remind people on their answering machines to get out and vote on Tuesday, but there's still time. My ad in the Newspress came out today and it looks great. It should look great, it cost a fortune. My political consultant wanted to run negative stuff on three of the candidates to clear the field so to speak, but I refused. He hasn't called since. It is so strange not having any idea if I'm winning. The Armenian candidates have a lot more money (an obscenely lot more) and they are on the Armenian tv channels non-stop. We're going to have a pretty big turn out with so many candidates pushing, so my hope is that the Armenian candidates split their vote by enough and that the two other guys who are taking service club votes from me don't get as much. If wishing could make it so.

Mom, if I win, I will not be able to go to Florida--no vacation for six months. My life is kind of piled up on hold for the election, so I don't think I can plan any vacation for a while.

Seven months ago I set a goal to be at my target healthy weight by April (when I had tentatively planned to go to Hawaii for the ABWA convention). I haven't met my goal, but I'm pretty darn close, so that's something to celebrate.

Me, me, me, me, me for five more days and then I will go into intensive humility training. Yeah, right.

Thanks for putting up with me.

1 Comments:

  • At April 1, 2005 at 6:36 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I got the ad, but I can't put it up on the site (or make any other changes) until I am back home. I will try to do it on Sunday. The ad looks great.

    All of fingers and toes are crossed for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home