Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I'm Right Back In It

Today's the day, but not really. The statute allows until 2/1 since there's no incumbant running, but I really wanted to file by today. My statement is almost ready, but my three word title is not perfect yet. I think that I'm just out of luck on that one. Attorney or Lawyer, let me know your thoughts.

I have about 8 million things to do, so I made a list of the most pressing things and then I forgot the list at home. The idea of making a new list seems daunting. Is that over anyone's head--Carl and Dave (quite seriously) pulled me aside yesterday to tell me that I have to be careful not to speak over people's heads. They can't understand me. I'm having a little trouble understanding what people don't understand about me saying "hire me", but I'll take suggestions as to how I can say that more clearly.

Debra at PTA just sent me an e-mail to ask if I was going to attend the tour party. I replied yes and she replied that she thought I might not come, because I was quoted in the newspress as cutting back on my volunteer activities. She said I should come, because there will be voters there. Of course I'm going where the voters are. A little press can be a bad thing.

And the adventure continues.

P.S. I spent all day Monday alone with Jackson--what a cutie. And I didn't catch a cold from the plane rides--all in all, a great trip.

3 Comments:

  • At January 27, 2005 at 11:44 AM, Blogger Gretchen said…

    I would go with Attorney - just a personal thing. I think of hiring a lawyer for criminal court and an attorney for civil. Lawyers get drunk drivers off, attorneys make dad's pay child support.

    I understand the talk over people's head thing, I have been told by several people that I need to start getting some wrong on the pre-hire tests that I take, nobody wants to hire someone smarter than them.

     
  • At January 28, 2005 at 10:55 AM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    I agree with attorney, it sounds more professional.

     
  • At January 28, 2005 at 3:47 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I agree with attorney. Any chance of Bill getting that new page up for the website. I didn't hear anything from him so I don't know if he was able to open it or save it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home