Procrastination (But I Digress)

Saturday, January 08, 2005

It's Still Raining

We are in storm 2 of 3 so they say. It's just a steady drizzle so far, but it's more rain then we've had in the past three years combined. This is a day to be curled up at home, but I volunteered at the Y this morning and now I'm at work with a desk full of stuff calling me.

My campaign is underway--collecting those signatures and making plans. The other candidates didn't all quit when they saw I was running, so it's a race. On Monday, there's a forum about the office at the coordinating council of home owner's associations. Sounds interesting. Carl says that I should have a 2 minute, 3 minute, 4 minute and 5 minute speech ready to go. That reminds me of the five minute speech that I had to prepare for top ten. I did a dry run for the chapter and then asked how long I'd been speaking--20 minutes.

Does anyone know a good joke I can start my speeches off with? The city clerk is in charge of dog licenses--maybe something about dogs. I've sewn up the dog vote in Glendale, my dog Link had to barked all night, but she's wagging her tail to say they're all on my side now. I asked why it took all night and she seemed to say, well there are a lot of different languages spoken in the homes in Glendale...so it took a little longer...to translate... yeah, I better not quit my day job.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home