Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, December 09, 2004

It's going up to 80 degrees

At least that's what the weather man says. So I tried to leave the house with no coat this morning--ha, ha, ha. (Or is it LOL or lol--when you laugh out loud isn't that like shouting?) My office is a very nice 75 degrees, but I think it has more to do with the sun finally blaring in thought the window than the heating panel.

So I need to drink plenty of fluids (read diet coke) to keep from coughing and my cough drops help too, but I can't do both. Cough drops make the diet coke taste awful and diet coke alone is not enough. The problems we face in industrialized countries. I mean if I lived out in the wild, I'd be baking in the sun, coughing up a storm and swishing my sword around to keep off the wild animals who could sense my weakness. But no, I live in the USA where my biggest problem is that my diet coke tastes funny.

The good news is that my belt fits. I have a really cute belt that hasn't fit me for years. Everytime I clean out the closet, I suck in my gut and make it fit so that I will keep it, but I never wear it because it's way too small. No more. (In my head I say "No more, it's not", but that's a double negative which would mean that it is too small, but it doesn't seem like a double negative--you guys would know what I meant, right?) Moonstruck, Olympia Dukakis "No more, she's not." That's the line from a movie that comes to mind. Cher says "His mother was dying" and Olympia says "No more, she's not--she recovered." It's amazing how much memory I have for meaningless things, but I forgot to watch the West Wing last night. I went to bed early to get over my cold and completely forgot that it was Wednesday. Oh well.

2 Comments:

  • At December 9, 2004 at 3:07 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    If you don't think "no more, its not" is a double negative, then "neither me."

    Oh, dear. Missing West Wing is a biggie. It was such a good one last night.

    lol just doesn't convey the hillarity of ha, ha, ha.

     
  • At December 10, 2004 at 4:11 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I, too, perfer ha, ha, ha. I am just too old to look at LOL and think laughing and not "what the hell is lol." it only takes a second to get there but why waste the energy. I am glad you are heating up and I totally understand the Diet Coke problem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home