Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Busy Day

No cute babies learning to go down stairs for me--just a real busy day to get ready for a real lazy week next week. This morning was court, so it was get up early to go to the gym and shower then race off to take Mel to work early and jump on the parking lot, I mean freeway. Find a parking place downtown and try not to go the wrong way on one way streets. Find an elevator because they closed my regular entrance to the court and the new entrance is on the 4th floor. Yell at the guy in court (because he's hard of hearing, not because I was mad at him) and get continued. Race back to the office just in case some work materialized on my desk.

Look at Jackson video, miss Jackson, miss Michigan, miss Mom, miss everyone else, write blog. Next I get to have lunch (after I try to find some work to bill out), go to Kiwanis, get them to vote to pay me back $50 that District 3 conned me out of at the DCM meeting, get them to buy District 3 pins (I have to sell 25), get them to buy raffle tickets for the Rose Float, get them to agree to come and help put up the Christmas tree for the Jefferson Elementary School party, try to come up with a fund raising idea because I spent too much on the Jefferson Elementary School party, encourage them to bring toys for YWCA DV project, etc.

Then go out to Mary's and take her to the doctor--she thinks they might want to put her in the hospital, but she's not sure. She's been having a lot of trouble breathing for two weeks or more now, but she only called on Monday. They suggested that she go into the hospital on Monday (right away), but she declined. We'll see. If she goes into the hospital, I have my cross stitch (that was supposed to be done for a baby shower two weeks ago). If she doesn't, then tonight I have ABWA.

This month we are meeting in Burbank, but not the close part of Burbank, the farthest part North so that it's out of the way no matter how I go. We're giving a report on the Fashion Show (I'm co-chair) and I've started lots of new things this year that have to be presented in just the right way or they'll say, but we always do it this way, why fix it if it ain't broke, etc. We also want to have teams donate gift baskets and that will require a certain amount of enthusiasm. And we're getting ready to order suits for 2006 convention--they are a lot more expensive than I thought they would be so that will be a hard sell to the members. And the Sees candy is not coming until Friday, so I have to arrange the times for people to pick up.

Let's see what else can I heap onto today. Oh yeah, last night Adrienne and I went to see the house we'll be chairing for Tour of Homes (the day after Adrienne gets back) and I have a lot of work to do to come up with a script for the kids giving the tour. There was so much cool stuff in the house, but I don't know anything about architecture and design so I have no clue how to write this up. Oh well, I'll think of something in the next two weeks. And I'm preparing for the seminar on Collections that I'm giving on December 2nd--I'm getting kind of excited about it. The books all done and I talked to the other presenter who seems really nice. Life is busy, but life is good.

3 Comments:

  • At November 17, 2004 at 12:54 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I always wondered how that tour of homes thing worked. So you are in charge of someone else's house? Cool. Can they tell you what all of the interesting stuff is? Or do they stay out of it and let you do everything? I went on one of these in Princeton once with Jeanne-Louise and it was a lot of fun.

     
  • At November 17, 2004 at 1:24 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    I'm glad I went back and re-read that last paragraph. Instead of reading the house that you and Adrienne would be chairing, I read the house that you and Adrienne woiuld be cleaning.

    It seems like putting together talking points about architecture and design of a particular house (historical?) would be a good job for our super organizer, Marisa.

     
  • At November 18, 2004 at 9:39 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    The homeowners can be as involved or as univolved as they want. One year the homeowners painted the night before and disappeared at dawn, just leaving the key with the house mom. Another owner tagged alone on all the groups all day, listening to the spiel over and over and adding her own comments over and over. She really loved it, but it was a very long day.

    P.S. Mary is fine--her oxygen needed adjustment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home