Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, October 29, 2004

Bingo--It's Time

I blogged yesterday, but I got a little too intense for public consumption and didn't post. The gist is in my comment to Gretchen's post. I also had a great quote from Jon Stewart on the Daily Show on Wednesday night--they were doing a piece on voter fraud and he said "But if you think that voter fraud is the only thing wrong with this election, then you are officially.....adorable." Such a great line. But I digress--today is a new day.

Today is bingo day. ABWA is having our fun night tonight. I sent around a sign up sheet for people to volunteer to do various jobs and lots of people (ok six) signed up to help and then I called out at the meeting, who's coming and a bunch of people (ok five) raised their hands. We'll each have to eat a lot of hot dogs, because we already have a lot of hot dogs left over from Marisa's party last week. It'll be fun. I'm thinking that we play straight bingo every other game and an X, and a 7, then double bingo to keep it interesting. There's going to be some kids there so I wanted to get stuffed animals for prizes for the kids, but the party store had nothing--I got stickers instead. Even a four year old would like a sticker of a spider on his hand. It'll be fun. It'll be fun. It will be fun. There. (If you say it more than three times it must be true, right.)

This morning I was in court when my phone rang. Luckily the Judge was not on the bench and I was not hauled away in chains. Later I checked my message and it was Marisa calling to remind me to met her at DMV to take her drivers test. How had I completely forgotten all about that. It wasn't written in my calender, it wasn't on my food sheet (I have a food sheet so that I only eat what's on the sheet and I write down all the stuff that I'm doing during the day to help plan what food will be the best at what times, i.e., if I have some meeting, I'm eating on the go, etc. BTW, no weight lose this week, but my jacket buttons--wow.), it wasn't in my list of things that I go over in my head in the middle of the night when I can't fall asleep--it wasn't anywhere in my consciousness. I just can't figure out how I forgot about it. Opps--I better get going. It's now.

1 Comments:

  • At October 30, 2004 at 6:40 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I missed that Jon Stewart, damn. That is a great line. I have been working on swaying Stephanie (she says she is undecided, but I think she is swaying the wrong way). I have until about 3pm today. Wish me luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home