Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The going is slow

Well, it is still raining--day 4 of storm watch. They said on the news that trees are falling up at Lake Arrowhead because the ground is saturated and they've lost so many trees to a beetle infestation and fire, that there's no wind break to save the remaining ones. Everything changes, but it's pretty sad.

One pound is pretty sad too--pretty slow movement on the weight loss path. I'd like to kick it into high gear and starve for a while to see some progress, but I know that won't last a lifetime, so I'm trying to be one with the slow path. I am giving up trying to be one with the latin tape at Curves. Today I wrote a mean note to the manager--I didn't say stomp on that tape or I will get a gun, but I tried to convey my extreme distaste for that tape. 7 out of the last10 times I've been there that damn tape has been playing. They have about 100 tapes, so it is obvious that someone is out to get me.

Last night I switched between Clubhouse (the kid was so cute when his player decided to stay), the Big Loser (I stopped watching before they voted someone off--this is just another survivor), Scrubs (I love that show, but it is so strange) and the baseball game. They had to call out the riot police for Boston's last at bats, because fans were throwing baseballs at the umpires. I really hate Boston, but I have to admit, that was a sweet win for them.

Yep, things are pretty slow around here.

2 Comments:

  • At October 20, 2004 at 5:36 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Well, I am glad it wasn't lost. I tuned in last night just as they were bring out the riot police but I never did figure out why. Fill me in.

     
  • At October 21, 2004 at 9:08 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Wow, I thought it was gone. They said that the fans were throwing stuff on the field--there was a controversial play at first--the runner hit the arm of the first baseman, making him drop the ball and the umpire at the plate (behind the first baseman)who didn't see the runner hit his arm, called the runner safe. Then the other umpire came over and overruled it, calling it runner interference and called him out. I guess the guy was a Yankee, because the NY fans then started throwing things on the field (baseballs at the umpire I think was the final straw) and the umpires refused to stay on the field. Ah, fond memories of NY.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home