Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, October 11, 2004

I'm Freezing

In my old office it was always warm--way too warm most of the time, the office caught the direct sunlight, but I liked it just fine. In my new office, for months now, it has been pleasant--a little warm when I close the door, but otherwise, lovely. Not today. Today for some reason the air conditioner is blasting full blast even though I have the control turned to the "off" position. The maintenance crew guy explained that the other side of the office (near my old office) was complaining that they didn't get enough pressure, so the upped the pressure all around, hence I'm freezing. So I said, make my control work so that I don't get all the air in my office. Do you know that damn thing worked for the three minutes that the guy was here and then stopped. Ugh. So I went into the library, but the computer froze, twice. So I went to my secretary's desk, but she has one of those organic a tis ized something or other keyboards and my nails are so long, I just couldn't get it to work. And her screen looks funny. And I am afterall the Queen of Procrastination. So I'm back in my office trying to keep my fingers warm by playing solitare. I should know that doesn't work, it makes them numb. Deadline is tomorrow. I'd guess that I'm half way done. Tonight I'm giving my Dan and Roseanne speech to an ABWA chapter--that'll be fun. TTFN

P.S. For inquiring minds (Erika) my Dan and Roseanne speech is about estate planning--all the traps that will cost your estate a lot of money using the Connors as my example of everything that can go wrong. They won the lottery, they had a house with a mortgage, a sole-proprietor business, four kids and one is 18 (but they don't trust her as far as they can throw her), etc. Makes for a good horror story to get people thinking about doing estate planning. BTW Have you and Lyle got a Will and a Nomination of Guardian??? That baby's awful cute--I think I could take Elaine...well maybe I better start training now--better yet, don't die for a long time. Yeah, that's the ticket. Sorry, we estate planners have to talk about that stuff.

2 Comments:

  • At October 11, 2004 at 7:16 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    No, we have been bad, bad parents. Just like Dan and Roseanne. If only we could win the lottery too. I think we are going for the "don't die" plan. It costs a lot but totally worth it.

     
  • At October 12, 2004 at 9:43 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    You are in the library almost everyday--get a do it yourself book on making a will and nominating a guardian. It's so simple.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home