Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Amazing

You know that scene in Parenthood where Steve Martin is really depressed--he quit his job, his wife just told him she's pregnant with their fourth child, they're having all kinds of problems with their oldest, his senile grandmother is staying with them and he has to go a coach little league in which the other kids torture his oldest son for always dropping the ball. That guy was really depressed and then his son caught the game winning ball and he's so happy everything is right with the world--no troubles at all. I stepped on the scale this morning with no expectations whatsoever and I'm down nine---count them nine pounds. It's only three weeks, ok we're in the fourth week--I'm still ahead of the curve. Woo Hoo. All is right with the world.

[Reality check. My scale doesn't really work and the base weight was from a different scale fully dressed with my clunkie gym shoes and the first week I only lost one pound and last week I hadn't lost any, but nine pounds. Woo Hoo.]

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home