Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, September 20, 2004

One pound is better than nothing

So it's a week since I weighed myself and I've lost one pound. Of course I was wearing a sweatshirt this time, so maybe it's a tiny bit more. The glass is half full in my book. I just finished reading Dr. Phil's third key--cleanse your environment of temptation and I'm ready to get rid of my year old butterscotch candy and my two packages of my favorite cookies (as far as the kitchen and leaving them out for everyone to eat anyway), but I draw the line at throwing out chips and white bread--if I didn't eat white bread I wouldn't eat bread. I know it doesn't sound like a bad thing when I say it out loud, but in my soul it sounds awful. Chips are going to be phased out--I have a plan. Yes, my plans have failed before, but I have a pollyanna plan that involves steps from controling the amount, then to frozen fries in the deep fryer and finally to baking my own wonderful tasting chips without adding salt or oil. I have a dream. And I'm getting rid of my food drawer at work (yea, more room for files) and my food drawers in my sitting room (yea more room for stuff--I have so much stuff). I'm supposed to get rid of my fat clothes, but I don't have any--YET. One whole pound--now if I can just keep it off.

2 Comments:

  • At September 21, 2004 at 1:14 PM, Blogger marty said…

    Don't even think of Baked Lays. They have enough sugar to float us all. Everything is a trade, fat free pudding is loaded with salt. It's best not to eat at all, or drink for that matter.

     
  • At September 21, 2004 at 6:07 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    There's a food drawer in your sitting room. I never even thought of looking for one. Of course, why would I when there was a whole food room right down the hall.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home