Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, September 10, 2004

Erika Wants to Know

All the news thats ... going on ... somewhere or other ... Well, I sent myself an invitation to join Amazon Readers, but never got the e-mail. I noticed that there are several pending invitations to me. So I wrote an e-mail question to Blogger and we'll see. I'm reluctantly reading Dr. Phil, 7 keys to weight loss. Gosh he's tough to take--he puts such self denigrating language in your mouth, but I'm up for the challenge. I've made a goal (he wants us to write it down and tell our friends--I don't have the type of friends who are all that interested in my weight loss goals, so you guys are it) Two pounds a week is the goal. Doesn't that sound innocuous. How hard is two pounds, but I still wouldn't eat any cookies and picked up the pace at the gym just in case. At this rate, I'll be at my target weight by April, just in time to go to Spring Conference in Hawaii. I'm thinking I'll use go to Hawaii as the carot in this game and if I'm not halfway in my goal but January, then I won't make the reservations. Jez, even half way would be cool. Of course I haven't finished the book yet--I'm still in the first chapter where he's talking about setting a realistic goal and telling your friends.... If he wants me to eat seaweed, all bets are off.

My friend Clara (who really has too many things going on with her to care a wit if I have a weight loss goal) bought a condo in North Carolina. The moving company wants $4,000 to move her stuff out there and more than her car is worth to transport her car, so her cousin is going to move her. Her health is just not good enough for her to try the trip herself. She's 65, but she has a lot of health problems. This move is such a trama to her, but it's now or never. Her son lives in North Carolina, so it's a good move and she has cousins who care about her there.

Taxes are due next Wednesday. I just started a draft of my taxes--this is the latest I've ever started. I just love playing with all the numbers, but this year I guess I just didn't want to know. Well that's it, that's all I've got in the way of what's happening, unless you count my conundrum about Council Woman of the Year. I don't have a placque or trophy or even a certificate, which means (a) they didn't do one, which is weak of them or (b) I left it at the hall and lost it, which is so inexcusable of me. Do I ask the question? I mean I need more trophies--there's an empty spot on the shelf.

3 Comments:

  • At September 11, 2004 at 9:43 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    You are right I need to know everything. Very cool on the weight loss program. Good luck. I thought some of the Dr. Phil things were a little out there, but you can ignore thost things. Not that I read the book or anything, but he started the challenge while I was home with Jackson and doing nothing but watching daytime TV. I think blogging was an excellent idea since it killed both birds (writing it down and telling people). I am in a limbo place right now with weight. I have gained back everything I lossed before I got pregnant, but I can't take the drug that helped to regulate my blood sugar until I stop nursing. More teeth on Jackson may make that decision for me soon.

    How come your taxes are due at a different time as mine? What are you special or something? Maybe it is all the trophies? I don't have any trophies.

     
  • At September 11, 2004 at 4:45 PM, Blogger marty said…

    On the weight loss, I'm with you 100% if it can be the same two pounds each week.

     
  • At September 13, 2004 at 10:02 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Estimated taxes are due Jan 15, Apr. 15, Jun 15 and Sept 15. June is a pain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home