Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

I Won, I Won, I Won

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to Gloria (Urs' sister) and I asked her if she was getting out to bingo. No, she said, she hadn't been in weeks. The lady who was going to drive her hasn't called. So I said, when Megan goes home, I'll take her to Bingo the next Monday. Meanwhile, she started getting a ride every Tuesday and Andy came to visit this weekend and took her to Bingo on Friday and to the movies. So to cap off a whirlwind weekend for Gloria, I showed up to take her to Bingo on Monday. She's always happy to go, but she did gently suggest that maybe I shouldn't buy three packets this time. Don't worry, I told her--I learned my lesson. I only bought in on the machine and brought my needlework. It was very pleasant and I was able to get a lot done on the needlework during the games since they only involved plugging in a number every couple of minutes. I didn't have to check cards, or make sure that I only dabbed the relevant squares or even pay attention at all. The machine started dancing during the Indian Star Bingo game and sure enough started singing to tell me that I had a bingo. Unfortunately I shared with someone, but $125 was still a pretty nice prize. Then a few games later, Gloria won all by herself on a $150 game. We are just so lucky.

5 Comments:

  • At August 17, 2004 at 11:46 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    You got to play with TED? We love TED. We haven't seen TED in years, but we still love him. Winning on TED is even better. Woo hoo!!

     
  • At August 17, 2004 at 11:53 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    They have Ted where I play at Sheldon Hall but the buy in is like $35.00. Otherwise I play 5 books for $10.00 with another 5.00 for warm-ups and extras. I'm too cheap to play Ted.

     
  • At August 17, 2004 at 12:51 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    They call it Magic here--it holds 6 cards of 6 and it costs $49. Not cheap, but so easy.

     
  • At August 17, 2004 at 2:19 PM, Blogger marty said…

    I see the evolution of TED as having a little attena so it can pick up the signal and you don't have to punch in the number. Then with a little stronger signal you and play it from home, you can even play long into the night waking up to find out how you did. You can get direct deposit of you winnings. You can sign up for auto-play, each week $50.00 is charges to your amex and you machine is activated.

    Account adjustments will be sent by e-mail each morning. Could life get any better, or simpler?

    Too bad you didn't win at our bingo. You may have only won eight dollars for the game, but that would be four times you stake.

     
  • At August 18, 2004 at 4:58 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Nope. I know it sounds like you don't have to be there. But you have to be there. The larger your group the better with TED. He loves a big group.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home