Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, August 16, 2004

Something Interesting

I still have sun product ad's, so I have to make this about something we want to see ads about. I heard an ad for a new Epson Printer which allows you to correct faded pictures and print restored ones. It also has a new kind of ink cartridge that uses less ink per picture to save on the cost. Of course, I'm betting that the new kind of ink costs more.....

The ABWA picnic was lots of fun--I was the life of the party with all the games. I had everyone playing Name Bingo which is a great get-to-know you game. There were about 50 people there so we weren't scrounging for names. (Once I played that game with only 15 people and I let everyone pick an alter ego and sign twice using two different names.) We also played the Price is Right using business products (including a battery opperated pencil sharpener which cost $2.99 at Rite Aid, Mom) and Who Wants to Be A Millionaire--but only for bragging rights. I had prizes for Bingo and Price is Right, but I had only brought one little kid prize and there were two little kids. One was the granddaughter of the hostess, so I reasoned that I should give her the toy. Then I found out that it was the other's birthday, so I should give her the toy. I mentioned to both grandmothers that I only had one toy and they both asked for the little crowns that I was using as the gag prize for Price is Right. Problem solved, I can always keep the toy for the next event. Then birthday girl won Price is Right (Grandma Donna graciously used the kids name for game.) So I gave the toy to birthday girl as the prize, we sang Happy Birthday and then I gave both girls crowns. Everyone had a great time. (One of the raffle prizes was a basket that I was ashamed to have included even thought the raffle tickets only cost a buck, but the gal who won it was sitting at the table with the birthday girl and she gave it to her to hold the little stuffed animal toy prize she won and that was the happiest little birthday girl on the planet.)

My friend Clara told us that she has sold her condo (for almost $200,000 more than she paid for it just 10 years ago) and she's moving to North Carolina. She jokingly asked if I wanted her cat and I said no quickly, but then I asked her why and she said she's afraid the cat is too old to make the trip. I wavered, but then she said that she really couldn't bear to part with her. Disaster averted. In a related incident that makes me feel like the center of the universe, on the way home I heard a news report on the best ways to travel with your pets--great tips that I will share with Clara.


4 Comments:

  • At August 16, 2004 at 1:53 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    I am so jelouse. We really need someone here at Holliday Park to run parties like that. I know all my friends would get right into it. We are keeping the waiting list open till the end of the year.

     
  • At August 16, 2004 at 2:10 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    There are no ads on my blog. There are none on Mom's either. After all my hard work to put interesting key words in.

    P.S. Mom, the wait list for Holiday Park? How much is it?

     
  • At August 16, 2004 at 3:00 PM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Maybe their on to us for ad hunting.

     
  • At August 16, 2004 at 4:53 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    I think they charge $250.00 to process your application. Then it could take years for your name to come to the top. People who apply are in for long term planning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home