Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, July 30, 2004

No Air Conditioning for You.

Well I got up at the crack of dawn and took my car to Goodyear a mere two weeks after they fixed my air conditioner to find out why it stopped working again.  So I'm describing the noise it makes and the guy gets in to drive me home and wants to hear the noise.  Now the darn thing won't make the noise and cool air is coming out because I was parked in the garage overnight.  Points for the guy though, he still acts like he completely believes me about the noise.  So just as I'm leaving for work (I have to drive Melody in, so there's no going in late anymore), they call and say they found the problem--I have a leaky hose.  Great--fix it.  Here's the problem they say, we have to order it and it won't be in until Wednesday.  Ok, order it.  He hems and haws, ok we'll fix your new problem of the leaking hose.  I said, "you expect me to believe that the hose just started leaking after you fixed my air conditioner--that's nuts."  "Well," he says.  And then silence.  I said "order the part."  So now, no air conditioning for another hot week in the summer.  I have to drive to Downey tomorrow and we're going to the beach on Sunday.  Then there's San Diego next Friday and we all know the parts not going to be there on Wednesday. 

In other air conditioning news, last night Dad and Josh were talking about new ductless air conditioners.  That would be perfect for my house.  Josh is going to look into it for me.  AND Josh is training to become a plumber so he asks if I have any plumbing problems in our house.  Ha.  My house is held together with paperclips and masking tape--of course I have plumbing problems.  So he has (pardon my french) card blanche to diagnose and fix anything he can find.  [I love that--I heard a commentator on NPR say "pardon my french, tour de force" and I haven't stopped laughing.  I'm also reading a new book called "Use the Right Word" and they say that only a small fraction of the English language is actually derived from Old English, but that the words that are make up about 65% of what we actually use.  They also say that about 20 words or so make up more than 50% of usage--I just love that stuff.]

Well, Megan is halfway through her visit and she thinks it's going too fast.  She's trying her best to only have fun on even days, but the whole weekend is odd so we may have employ emergency measures and invoke some fun on odd days.  We're going to see Shrek2 tonight--I really thought I'd get by without, but no.  TTFN

1 Comments:

  • At July 30, 2004 at 3:27 PM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    If you would like to drive my car to Downey, I can take the van tomorrow. That's not a problem. And we can take the Focus to the OCean also. Thank goodness it is supposed to be cooler (high 80's) next week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home