Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, July 29, 2004

To Grandfather's House we go

Since I'm having withdrawals because there's no new picture of Jackson today, I thought I better give you all my daily input.  First, I am really mad right now--not get a gun mad, but darn close.  I have been doing all of my own secretarial work for a while now and last month I went one step farther than I've ever gone and I prepared the form for the attorney service.  This is way down the food chain of my work and so far into the secretarial work that I had never gone there before.  But it was on the computer and I thought, What the hell.  It was a Wednesday and I would need checks.  I don't even know how to request checks (the secretaries keep that a secret for job security no doubt).  So I put it all on my secretaries desk and I said "Don't file this until tomorrow."  I even had tomorrow's date on the form for the attorney service.  It included my declaration signed as of the following day calculating interest through the following day because I was certian it would take her forever to get the checks.  Now this is all my fault.  I know this and yet I am still so angry I could spit.  First two checks were needed, but my secretary only requested one.  Then (you guessed it) she sent it out the same day and it was filed a day before the date of my declaration.  But I didn't know all of this until today--a month later!  The court took two weeks to reject the whole package, because first of all it was missing a check and second of all the interest was wrong.  I've had my secretary calling the attorney service almost everyday to find out the status of the package, but she relayed that it would be approved and sent back any day now.  So today I said it's been a month--that answer is not good enough anymore, call the court.  The court told her it was all rejected a long time ago and we should have had it back by now.  So I physically went to court and did the attorney services job also.  And my air conditioning in the car went out on the two trips to court (one to find out why everything was rejected and the second one to fix it).  I just paid over $1,000 to fix the air conditioning in my car two weeks ago (after living with no air conditioning for two excruciatingly hot weeks--parking at Mary's in the sun...)  I think they have to fix it for free, but I know they'll find some way to make me pay something.

This is cathartic.  Now we are off to pick up Megan and Mel and I are going to Dad's for breakfast for dinner.  Marisa and her boyfriend, Josh are joining us there and then the whole bunch of us are going to Mary's to go swimming at night.  Marisa wanted to invite more friends, but I discouraged it.  We cut a pretty big crowd as it is.  Well I better leave early, because I'm always late.  Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home