Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Is it time for my vacation yet?

I'm going on a cruise to Mexico for the weekend this Friday with Girl Scouts.  It's a very good thing, because I need a vacation.  I've only had two very long and full and wonderful vacations this year, but I really feel like I need another one.  When I worked at the Studio, you got a week after you worked for six months, then two weeks after a year, then three weeks after so many years, then four weeks, then five weeks and it went up to six weeks after working there many years.  I've been working for many years and I think that my being expects it's six weeks.   My partners, God love them, would say, take all the vacation time you want IF you make the income that's set forth in our agreement.  I never make that income.  So my value to the firm is my complete availability, which means that I don't get so much vacation time as I have been taking.  But this year is unusual--Jackson, the most adorable baby on the planet was born.  All experts agree that the vacation time devoted to him was absolutely necessary.  (After all the crap I took off of Erika when she was little and getting spoiled rotten by me, I get to enjoy the gravy of her genes--great big Jackson smiles.)  Of course, next year he'll be a toddler and unless he gets really ugly here pretty soon, I'm sure that I will be unable to avoid taking more time to see him.  But hey, my partners are educated people--they're street smart--they've been around--I know they'll understand.  The perfect solution would be for Jackson to hire me as in house counsel.  I mean his parents did negligently allow him to fall out of bed.  I think there's a cause of action.  You guys have insurance, right?    I'd never need to take another vacation.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home