Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, July 30, 2004

Goodyear is the Bomb; Josh is Tops Too.

So Josh is hard at work at my house already and he tells me that the front bathroom sink is history--pipes broken, rust stains indicating long term leakage, etc. My car needs to be picked up. Melody wants her check cashed. Shrek2 is playing in Burbank with the last show at 5:15. (As an afterthought Mel tells me that it's playing in Glendale--where we never go at 7.) I only have a hugh summary judgment motion (that I smuggly told opposing counsel was already done) to do by Monday. I think I'll leave work early and go meet Josh and Ris at Lowes to buy a new sink. We skipped the furniture part and just got the plumbing pipe stuffy and Josh and Jim are hard at work fixing the sink. So I then went to Goodyear. I said "Exactly when is the part going to be in." He said, "we got it today, your car is all fixed now." And it didn't even cost a fortune. They gave me a discount on the oil change and he followed me home so that I didn't need to get a ride there. I have my air conditioner back. I'm so happy. I even told the guy--no car repair place has ever made me such a happy camper.

I wanted to thank Josh and Jim for fixing the plumbing, so we're taking them out to dinner tonight. Yum for me. Shrek2 will have to wait until tomorrow. I got gas and I stopped at the bank and I still had three minutes left over to write this blog. It's All Good....

3 Comments:

  • At July 30, 2004 at 5:53 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    Yikes, you youngsters and your slang. With a title like "Goodyear is the bomb" I expected another Black Sunday.

    I'm glad Josh is tops, thats the bomb. Did he ever wind up getting involved in that last rash of fires and/or are they not all done yet.

    Do I know Jim?

     
  • At July 31, 2004 at 4:15 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I can answer the Josh question: he is Risa boyfriend. He was very nice when we met him in April and apparently he still is.

    But then Kat threw in a Jim and I have no idea who he is.

     
  • At August 2, 2004 at 9:10 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Jim is a friend of Marisa's who introduced her to his friend Josh. I don't know him too well, but Marisa and Josh seem to tease him a lot and Adam snickers about how he saw Jim kissing one of Marisa's friends on the street. All I know is that he helped Josh fix the front sink and they did a fine job. He was polite at the Thank You dinner and he didn't order the most expensive thing on the menu.

    You know, in these blogs I think we have to all agree that we'll accept that we don't know everyone and if the character is important enough to the story, they'll get developed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home