Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Democrat and Chauffeur Extraordinaire

I don't think I made that word up, but it's not in my little dictionary. If it is used enough it will make the new dictionary--that's how they decide if a word is a word--usage. We could make up words and try to see how many people we influence by trying to proliferate it. (That one's already in the dictionary as a verb and everything.)

So today was my meeting with the young democrats planning the Women in Business luncheon. This week Lynn (our ABWA president, who is retired from business) joined us and she was the great older voice of wisdom that the kids all drooled over. It was cute. Made me feel young. Last night I got a card from my chapter (actually from Marje, one of my good buddies) congratulating me on winning Council Woman of the Year (an award I picked up last Saturday for those not in the loop) and she wrote what I thought said "It's great to have such an aging young women in our group." Well I was highly offended and couldn't believe that my buddy--who's a lot older than me would call me an aging woman. I looked at it closer and closer and finally made out that she wrote "It's great to have such amazing young women in our group." The z in cursive looked like a g, the m looked like an n and there was a break between the m and the a. Much better. Amazing and young is much more like it.

At Kiwanis today we had Adam Schiff, our congressman speak to the group and that was pretty cool. He was just partisan enough to satisfy the died in the wool democrats and just non-partisan enough not to piss off all the majority of republicans there.

In between I drove Marisa to her new job at Hows Market. She has training in Pasadena today. I had her drive home from the restaurant last night in Burbank and park in the garage, but she just didn't want to drive on the freeway yet. She was kind enough to point out that next year Adam will be old enough to drive. So much for being young.

5 Comments:

  • At August 4, 2004 at 7:08 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I thought this was going to be the ultimate loop. How could we not know that you got another award and Marisa got a new job. It is a good thing you are both amazing and young or you wouldn't get away with such things.

     
  • At August 4, 2004 at 7:36 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    You are just an amazing young woman who has aging neices and nephews.

     
  • At August 4, 2004 at 7:40 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    Extraordinaire may not be in your little dictionary but it is in my little French/English dictionary. You'll never guess what it means. Yeah, you probably will guess.

     
  • At August 4, 2004 at 8:04 PM, Blogger marty said…

    Someone gave you a new dictionary a few days ago......Use it.

     
  • At August 5, 2004 at 9:14 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    My new dictionary is at home where I have been sans dictionary for far too long. My American Heritage dictionary from Law School that probably has every word known to man (except blog) is up on the shelf and I can't reach it from the keyboard and my little dictionary that I got in high school is at my fingertips, but sadly the 55,000 entries are deficient.

    Adam is 5'3" and I don't wear high heels anymore. I have to come up with a solution quick.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home