Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, August 09, 2004

As Megan's trip draws to a close

It sure has been fun spoiling Megan these past few weeks. I only bought her two hats, a pair of socks and a girl scout uniform, so she doesn't have much to show for it from me, but I think Adrienne got her shoes and some tops. She has a very deep sun burn on the backs of her legs even though she assured me that she put on the sun tan lotion that I insisted she put on. [I got a burn on the inside of my arms which showed how I was holding my book. I lathered up with suntan lotion twice in four hours, but it didn't take.] On the long car rides out to visit Dad or Mary, I have tutored Megan about the Beatles and nature. We had a blue moon July 31st and the drive to Dad's and Mary's is in the direction of the setting sun, so we had lots of topics to cover. At one point she was mad that the sun was in her eyes and she said she wished there was no sun. I, of course, spent the next hour describing how important the sun was to everything and that she should be careful what she wished for, blah, blah, blah. She finally said "Does everything have to revolve around the sun??" exasperated. Well, actually... I still haven't stop laughing. Yes, she's almost a teenager and we'll have to wait a long time for Jackson to get interesting, but it's been fun for a little while.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home