Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, August 12, 2004

New Day

The way the clouds are arranged out my window, it looks like a sunrise and reminds me of Hawaii for some reason. I think the suntan lotion spilled in the trunk and I have that smell on my brain.
Adam is at Magic Mountain today. I was hoping he'd get a chance to go this summer, because he really likes it. Adrienne is going to Michigan for Thanksgiving, but Melody says that she cooked Thanksgiving dinner last year, so she's an old pro. Whew. I was really worried that I was going to go to Hometown again this year. Of course it wasn't that I didn't like Hometown--I did. What I didn't like was the lack of leftovers. I really missed picking at turkey for a week after Thanksgiving. I should probably face my fear of cooking a Turkey, but no. Unfortunately my only attempt is still fresh in my mind over 20 some odd years later.
Ben Franklin is getting really interesting. He had a lot of scandels in his closet and plenty of political enemies to parade them around. I have to remember that this book is written by the former CEO for CNN who seems to be trying to make the case that mudslinging press is nothing new and if old Ben could survive it, today's politicians should suck it up and stop complaining. Yeah, tell it to Princess Di.
Hi ho, you know the rest.

3 Comments:

  • At August 12, 2004 at 12:26 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    Selfish old me didn't give a single thought to the fact that I was taking your cook away. Unfortunately I am so looking forward to having Adrienne here that I don't feel bad about that. I am glad that you have a back-up though

     
  • At August 12, 2004 at 12:37 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Actually, if she will cook for you, you'll be in for a real treat. She was worried that I was going to be jealous that she was going to get to see Jackson more than me. I'm valiantly trying not to think about it.

     
  • At August 13, 2004 at 5:53 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Who said she gets to see Jackson? Oh OK, if she is going to cook for us I guess we will give her a glimpse. Or a hug. Maybe a cuddle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home