Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Holiday from Labor

Well Saturday, I wasn't dead when I woke up, so I drove in with Marisa (she drove) to work. I felt pretty lousy when I got back and didn't move from the couch except to eat and get ice for the rest of the day. On Sunday I woke up feeling pretty good and hoped my cold was behind me. I drove with Marisa (she drove again, but the van this time to get practice) to the car wash and to work and I did a little grocery shopping. It was so pleasant in the store, I thought I might even bake a cake. I did remember that it is still summer and is probably too hot, but it was so pleasant in the store that I allowed myself to entertain the idea and salivate. IT WAS SO HOT outside and the van has no airconditioning. Ideas of baking quickly died. When I got home, I was beat and did not move from the couch except to eat and get ice. On Monday, I had learned my lesson and did not move from my chair, except to eat and get ice. Marisa asked for a ride, but I was taking no chances. I still have the terrible cough and everyone at the office wants to know if I want to go home. Of course I want to go home, silly co-workers.

But no rest for me--I'm going to a dinner tonight at the Reagan Library to hear Sandra Day O'Connor speak. A friend of mine from ABWA had an extra ticket and thought of me. I'm really looking forward to it. First woman on the Supreme Court. When she graduated from a top law school, third in her class, the only job offered to her in California was as a paralegal.

(cough, cough, cough, cough) BFN.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home