Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The big day

Happy Anniversary Erika and Lyle--20 years. Wow. But sorry, the reason today is the big day is because it is the Women in Business luncheon today--the culmination of months of meetings with the young and sometimes rude democrats. There will be about 500 women attending, so it will be a great opportunity for our ABWA to shine. So many of our members are retiring and moving away that we need many new members. Of course if we get a lot of new members that will mean a lot of work for me, so I'm trying to be careful what I wish for.

At work, I had a judge call a motion that I brought frivolous. That's a bad thing. I don't agree and I'm hoping experts will side with me, but it's damn depressing that even one person thought so. I'm just one cog in this machine and all the other cogs want me to be the fall guy. I'm happy to have the buck stop with me, but it's so unfair that one person's ill opinion should have such far reaching consequences. I also have a pretty important duty to zealously represent my client. Experts will agree with me. Oh well.

I have ten thousand pictures laid out all over my bedroom, sitting room and hallway that I probably should do something with. Since some of the old ones seem to be fading, I'm thinking that I better get busy and scan them. But first I have to put them in order. I think ten thousand is a conservative estimate. Lions and Tigers and Bears. Oh my.

I just spoke with Renee Hansen (Erika's co-leader for girl scouts back in the day)--she can't come to the luncheon, so that's one down and 499 to go. BFN

6 Comments:

  • At September 1, 2004 at 3:15 PM, Blogger Gretchen said…

    Pictures are much easier to put in order once they have been scanned. Set a stack next to the scanner and have everyone start scanning while they are doing other things on the computer.

     
  • At September 1, 2004 at 7:09 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I agree with you; is that expert enough? He does not know frivolous. I could show him frivolous. Well maybe not on my anniversary.

     
  • At September 2, 2004 at 3:33 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    The person (client's rep) who I care about says it is not frivolous and that we'll fight this judge all the way. Yea for me.

     
  • At September 3, 2004 at 5:12 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Yea for you. How did the luncheon go?

     
  • At September 3, 2004 at 9:37 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    First, the luncheon was very nice--our ABWA table was front and center getting a lot of attention and the key note speaker was awesome. The main Pasadena Rotary club usually met at the Pasadena Hilton where we had the luncheon, so lots of important Pasadena people kept showing up and getting introduced (wrong place, right time sort of thing). We have lots of names to follow up, but I'm not on that committee.

    Second, Pictures. When I scan pictures, it saves each picture as it's own file. How on earth would I organize it after the fact--I'd have to code every file name or sit and open each one to rearrange them. That will not work. Is there an easier program out there I should know about.

    Third, I have a cold and I can't get onto Amazon Reader. Dad was asking how to get on also.

     
  • At September 3, 2004 at 12:20 PM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    If you sign on as Amazon Reader , then you can go into change settings and click on the members tab then invite your other blog identity to be a member. It will send you an email invitation and when you accept you will be able to post as yourself. I am not going to post or comment on the username and password I will email that to you separately or you can call me at work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home