Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, September 03, 2004

It's full blown now

What started as a tickle in my throat that I tried to eviscerate it with large doses of vitamin C (tastily disguised as Tang), is now a full blown cough with raging headache. Grandiose plans for the three day weekend of cleaning, laundry, a movie and visits to watch tennis may deteriorate into stay in bed except that I no longer have a tv in my room. Maybe I'll move my bed to the sitting room.

A gal in the office this morning said that she had to tell me what had happened to her yesterday--a really funny story that I would appreciate. She's telling a long story about the people she was meeting with who had a bunch of little kids and they were all engrossed in their meeting when the three year old fell off a balcony and landed on his face on concrete. She says there was blood everywhere and she thought she was going to have to call 911, but they got the child calmed down. I'm waiting for the punchline--something that makes this a funny story that I would appreciate. There was none--that was it the whole story. So I asked her why would I enjoy that story and she said something like, Well I know you like kids. Maybe that's what gave me the headache.

I finally called terminex to get rid of the crickets that have invaded our house--one jumped into my bed yesterday. They want $125 for the first visit and you have to sign a contract for four more visits at $83 each over the next year and after one year you are allowed to cancel the contract, otherwise it keeps going for $83 every three months. That contract doesn't cover termites, only the 63 crawling bugs outlined in the contract. Termites are a whole different contract. I think I heard that crickets are supposed to be good luck. Yeah, I'm thinking we really like crickets and would never harm the little fellows.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home