Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, September 13, 2004

The First Key

Well, weight loss is dominating my psyche, so I thought I'd share the best thing I've read in Dr. Phil so far--there are no victims, only volunteers. So when I look at a bag of chips and remember how much everyone in my family loves chips, why should I fight heredity, I'm a victim of genetics--Ah Ha! I'm a volunteer to genetics. No, I'm pretty much a volunteer to chips just because they taste good. Where do I sign up. I love that pringles commercial which makes the bag of chips seem so lame next to the can of pringles--I know darn well that I like chips better than pringles, but anything to put those seductive heart attack candies in a poor light is a good idea.

3 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2004 at 3:27 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    So did you voluntarily put down the chips?

     
  • At September 13, 2004 at 4:38 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    You don't think calling them seductive heart attack candies was a put down?

     
  • At September 13, 2004 at 5:05 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    No I pretty much volunteered to cheat with chips on Sunday, but I did close the bag much sooner than I usually do. On Saturday, I was planning to have chips with my dinner and I would not allow myself until I did a difficult chore--cleaning the blinds in my sitting room. It took almost two hours of cleaning with my arms lifted so at the end I sat down immediately to my reward of chips and had dinner as an after thought (although I did eat all my peas, so I count it as a success story).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home