Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

It's a Tuesday

Ok, Dr. Phil says I'm not supposed to eat in front of the TV, but if I didn't eat in front of the TV or with a good book, I'd never eat... That might be the plan--I think the overall gist is that food causes fat. So I'm supposed to come up with new habits that are incompatable with food--like read in the Library where they won't let you bring food in. I guess I could get white carpeting and a white sofa, so that I wouldn't eat in front of the TV. That pretty much kills my dream of a tv in the Kitchen. (I'm always fixing dinner when Jeopardy comes on--I'm ready to eat just as they go to commercial and I miss all the good stuff.)

In other news, I am 1/3rd of the way started clearing out the hallway of girl scout junk. I already have my sights on the garage next. Adam said there was a black widow spider in the garage--I think it needs a bomb before I start going through the girl scout junk. I made up the flyers for our ABWA Bingo night in October--it's going to have a Halloween Theme, so I'm thinking I'll need todress up--what is Jackson going to be for Halloween? I could probably pull together Laker's fan--that might be fun. Jackson seems more the Hockey type, but they're locked out. Which reminds me, the Attorney General is investigating Ralphs who locked out their employees during the supermarket strike--apparently they "let" the union clerical staff keep working. The news said that Ralph's faces having to pay all of the locked out employees back pay for all the time they didn't allow them to work. Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas bonus. TTFN


3 Comments:

  • At September 21, 2004 at 6:17 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    I'm glad that Ralph's is being investigated. I am surprised that union clerical staff crossed the line to keep working but maybe it was a decision of a really smart person that could see that this might cause an investigation down the line. If it ever turns out that the locked-out employees get back pay for the time they were out, I'm sure the Union is going to want a repayment of all the strike benefits and that will cause bad press for the Union.

    I am dismayed to learn that eating in front of the TV is a bad habit. From now on, instead of using my regular favorite chair in the living room for my meals I will sit on the couch. Its more off to the side.

     
  • At September 22, 2004 at 5:13 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Leave it to Mom to find a work-around for any situation.

    Elaine is very hot to dress Jackson and Sammy up for Halloween; me, not so much. I am certainly not dragging the child door-to-door for candy. If I want candy, I know where they keep it at the store. Maybe next year.

     
  • At September 22, 2004 at 10:31 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Jackson should dress up for pictures--once he can walk around door to door, he might move too fast for cute pictures.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home