Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

A Brief Hiatus for Blog, but Fond Farewell to Chip

Yesterday was just too busy to blog--work, work, work, go visit Dad and get him sprung from the joint, errands, errands, off to Mary's, look at my watch and back to Glendale for YWCA's annual meeting. There was the usual Rah, Rah, Rah for all the great things that get accomplished at the YWCA, but best of all, the horrible debt that crippled us for years seems to be getting settled and under control. The gal whose arm I twisted to take my place, did a great job (I secretly vowed to be the last person standing and clapping at her standing ovation, but it went on so long, my hands hurt.) One disturbing note did come out and it will throw us back into a financial hailstorm. Unbelievable. So I'm rolling up my sleeves and I'll be more involved to see if I can help. Tonight is Kiwanis annual Installation Dinner at Castaways which is a pretty nice restaurant in Burbank. I'm having an apple and cheese for lunch, so I should be able to eat the obligatory chicken they serve at these things. I'm still going down weight wise, but September was a disappointing 2 1/2. October has already beat all of September and it's only the 5th, so I'm taking heart. There was a piece in the Curves newsletter that said the circuit isn't supposed to be a cardio workout, rather weight training at the machines with the running in place as a recovery. Baby steps is my feeling, but I'll need to add more exercise and weight training. I'm also going to read "The Zone." I finished "The Glucose Revolution" but their diet is unworkable for me. I will take some of their tricks and work them into my diet. Did you know that pasta that is less soft is less fattening--takes more time and energy to digest. Sourdough bread is better than white bread--lower GI--takes more energy to digest. So far those are the only food tricks I've been able to glean--oh and of course, try wheat bread. Wheat is way better GI wise than white. A disappointing September has spelled the deathknoll for potato chips--I do so miss them, but I have enjoyed every chip for a very long time. It was a sweet relationship, but a distructive one. And so, we must go out separate ways. Take heart, tasty potato chip; I'll never forget the good times we've shared.

2 Comments:

  • At October 5, 2004 at 3:04 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    I just got my first, "Are you losing weight?" How sweet it is.

     
  • At October 6, 2004 at 5:18 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Yes, those comments are fun. I am worried I am going to get "are you pregnant again?" soon.

    I remember trying to do Curves as a cardio workout and it doesn't work; especially if there are other people there. I hate other people. If you have 20-30 minutes for a cardio workout, walk a long way to the gym. That hill is good, but it is only 5 minutes there and 5 minutes back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home