Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Back to the Center of my Universe these days

No, it's not Adam (although I did just take off for a half an hour just to make sure he wasn't locked out of the house since he wasn't home right after school--he was at baseball--improptu practice). Seven and one half pounds (the center of my universe)--aparently all from my wrist. My watch flops around on my wrist now, but all my clothes are just as snug as ever. I think about food a lot now. I'm very proud at my calorie counting abilities and I've not gone over 1,200 since I started writting it down. I didn't eat the cupcakes that looked soo yummy at the meeting last night and I didn't eat the m&m cookies sitting on the counter and I didn't eat the delicious looking cookies at the meeting last Wednesday and I haven't gone down to buy snacks to eat while I am working on this incredibly boring long endless project (that I now have a three day extention to finish--ugh). Today, I did add a snack to my count, but I'm still well under 1,200. Next week I'm going to add spagetti and a bagel meal which is a little pricey calorie-wise, but my plan is to eat the foods I'll eat forever in moderation--it's going to be fine. (Although my poteshingwa meal has fewer calories than spagetti and I ate that in September and didn't lose a thing, but I'm still trying to blame September entirely on potato chips.) I am toying with the idea of taking Melody's birthday and Marisa's birthday off (and eating a piece of cake), but instead I might just buy units the way polluting companies do. I'll come in under 1,200 for a few days before cake by enough calories so that I can "afford" cake on that day. I've been losing a pound every other day for a little while, so when I hit a plateau, I'll start counting fats. (Did you know that croutons have tons of fat--it's dried bread, but it must be drenched in yummy butter.) I guess it's not a good sign to be on a "watch it" (not diet) and have yummy as your new favorite word.

3 Comments:

  • At October 13, 2004 at 8:04 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    Croutons? Have you seen Nancy's recipe for croutons? Its like 2 slices of bread, 1 stick of butter.

    I am very proud of you and you inspire me. You are making me consious of what I'm eating. I started a new outlook yesterday where everytime I think about a snack food, instead of picturing myself eating it, I picture myself not eating it. Its almost just as satisfying. It lasted for more than 8 waking hours before I earned a little reward. I'm going for 12 hours today.

     
  • At October 14, 2004 at 7:26 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    I am resenting that the comment I made yesterday is not showing up on the blog. It still says 0 comments.

     
  • At October 14, 2004 at 9:00 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    I haven't lost a think for four days--I'm thinking the crutons might have something to do with it, but I can only think about cake today, so....

    I do cross stitch when I think about snacks at home--can't get the material dirty with snack fingers. At work I try to make myself finish some project (I know I'm going to procrastinate like crazy anyway so by the time that project is done I've forgotten all about the snack or I am more determined to avoid it.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home