Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, October 25, 2004

It's a Monday

Time to plan out the week and get organized. I still don't have a Halloween costume for Friday night Bingo (or any of the other things that I need to get organized for Friday). I forgot my lunch today and had to (oh it was so tough to make me) go to the food court to eat a slice of pizza for lunch. I didn't have fries and I walked the long way, but that pizza did taste good. I still haven't worked the library into my lunch time--I'm going to have to plan that into my schedule. I forgot to go vote at the touch screen at the main library on Saturday--boy once I get in the house, it's really hard to leave again. I like being home. I started Bailey's new baby's bib (she has already named her Rayna--at first I thought it was Rayann), but her shower is November 6th--I don't have much time. Some Christmas gifts are coming along fine, others are still in my head and have no reality in matter.

I was over Dad's yesterday--he's tired a lot because his hearts not pumping right, but the doctors have their thinking caps on to figure it out. He's supposed to be going in for more tests in the next few weeks, but he's not allowed to drive very far. He seemed in good spirits, but he thinks that I accused him of calling Bush intelligent--a complete fabrication if I did. (He'll probably e-mail everyone the offending passage, so we'll just say that I did accuse him of calling Bush intelligent and I'll say three Hail Mary's as my penance.) Meanwhile, did anyone see 60 Minutes about Jon Stewart going on Crossfire and being completely serious in his criticism of their extremism vs. substance kind of journalism. He was never serious on 60 Minutes, but apparently was completely serious on Crossfire. An intelligent person with clout calling the Emperor naked. Dad said he heard a quote from Carville that these biased news shows are like the lamppost to a drunk--they're there for support, not illumination.

Fun time USA. Only 88 shopping days til Christmas.


1 Comments:

  • At October 26, 2004 at 3:46 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Damn. There should be a book that tells us when things like this are going to be on. I only heard about the Crossfire thing on The Daily Show, but he didn't show any clips. I would have loved to have seen clips. Then I miss it again on 60 Minutes? Damn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home