Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

It's lost

I created a post this morning telling you all about the storm watch, trees in Lake Arrowhead, the "latin" tape and a whopping one pound that I've lost in a week, but it's gone. You didn't miss much. The teasers always sound better than the actual story. We had a journalist speak at our Kiwanis club--he's supposed to be a turn around expert for newpapers, but he really didn't say much. It was kind of sad. He said he was going to give us his soap box speech about the importance of the 1st amendment that we probably didn't want to hear and then he said basically (and almost in these exact words and only these words) "the first amendment is important". Yeah, I get that--speaking to the choir, but give me some great arguments, give me some insight of a journalist, give me some horror stories about what we lose when it is threatened. Nothing, just "I know you don't want to hear this (I did), but the 1st amendment is important." I'm not running right out to buy his paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home