Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, November 15, 2004

Blue Skys

Marcella (in our office) and I went on what can only be described (by out of shape people desperate for key words to give hope and inspiration) as a power walk at lunch today. We walked for just about a half an hour at a pretty good clip, so I'm thinking it was at least a mile. (I'll have to remember my pedometer tomorrow). She's reading the 7 keys now--she wants to lose 1/2 of the 50 lbs she wants to lose by the time she turns 50 next March. Me, I'll be happy to just keep losing. This weekend was a Girl Scout conference and there was chocolate in every seminar. I had about six pieces of chocolate. Then I ate 12 graham crackers. At 59 calories a pop, that really adds up. Apparently my metabolism believes in tough love, because I gained weight this weekend to punish me for these indiscretions. If I had stayed the same, I might think a little chocolate and a few (ok, a dozen) graham crackers are not so bad. But no.

Well the christmas shopping may be done, but birthday shopping for Jackson has begun in earnest. Poor adorable child--so many toys, so little time. I thought that I might send Erika money to buy what she wanted but that's just silly, because we all know the best toy is the big cardboard box it gets shipped in. So I am in search of the big cardboard box and I'm sure the toy that gets shipped will take care of itself.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home