Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, November 12, 2004

So I looked in the Backseat

Why is my briefcase in the backseat (it's 8:05 a.m.--I'm getting ready to clean out the car, planning what I need to pack for my trip to San Diego this weekend for my Girl Scout seminar and I look in the backseat). It slowly (because my life screached to a halt and everything started going in slow motion) dawned on me that I was supposed to be in court this morning at 8:30 for a debtor's examination where if you are late, the other side gets to leave and you have to wait six months to bring the examination again. I'm in my sweats and Melody is still in bed, but we actually leave by 8:15. I'm stuck behind the slowest cars on the planet, but I drop Mel off and get to court and the closest parking space to the court house is open and there is an hour and seventeen minutes on the meter. I enter the courtroom at 8:30 exactly, ask to see the bailiff's calender to know the number I am and she was very rude. The last time I was in court, we waited until the end of the calender and the judge yelled as me saying we should have asked the clerk to move our exam to the beginning. So I asked the rude bailiff if the clerk would move us to the beginning and she ignored me. We waited until the end of the calender and listened while the judge ripped every attorney and party that stood up. Such an unhappy courtroom. Our case was called, the judge did not yell at me (yea) and I got what I needed just fine. It's a good think I looked in the backseat.

My girl scout weekend is training for trainers--I'm going to learn about new programs and meet other trainers from all over southern california. My roomy is someone I've roomed with at Conventions and it will be nice seeing her again.

Play dough is heavy. I bought 35 packages of play dough and physically could not carry it to my car. Adrienne had to bring it into the house. I am the toy purchaser for our Kiwanis elementary school christmas party for 35 kids (who are on the free lunch program at school). I am getting slinkies, play dough, fun pack books from Oriental Trading Company, cards, pencils, stuffed animals (all different though, bummer, but free, yea) and a Dare bag to put it all in. And candy--still figuring that part out--candy at school (we have this party at their lunch time) probably not a good idea--candy as a fun gift, great idea. Last year they got free toys from blockbuster. I wanted to go bigger, but we can't afford as big as I wanted to go. I still need 19 slinkies, but I think I'll be able to pull it off.

I'm thinking there's a few too many balls in the air, but the universe is doing its part. (The premier parking space with time on the meter--that is very fancy work universe.)


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home