Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Sitting in a Chair

Sitting in a chair has become my new favorite passtime. I'm thinking this might be a bad thing, but I don't know why. It's much more fun than standing. The other day, I just turned off the tv and stayed sitting in the chair and didn't move. I was just thinking and planning, sitting in the chair. I realize as I write this that that is what I do at work all day, sit in a chair. Sure, sometimes I play solitare and occasionally I write a letter or read stuff, but most of my time in life I think is spent just sitting in a chair. Don't get me wrong, this realization does nothing to make me want to do anything other than continue sitting in a chair.

Last night, my chair was so comfy that I didn't get up and go to the PTA meeting. I didn't bring canned goods, I didn't pay my annual membership, I didn't pick up tickets for tour of homes and I didn't meet with the other volunteers from my house to arrange a time to walk through. Sitting in a chair--yes, there is a downside.

This morning, I was sitting in a chair to take off my shoes and Marisa asked if I was going to take a shower because she was waiting for me. Yes, I guess I was sitting in a chair a little too long this morning too.

My chair is the site where I used to eat a bag full of chips whenever I wanted to. I'm thinking that the fond memories of eating a bag full of chips is giving my chair a subliminal attaction. My chair is also pink--I really like dusty pink--another plus for the chair. And this past weekend, I finally cleaned the hallway and arranged my sitting room just right. The view from my chair now includes a magnet with Albert Einstein sticking out his tongue--another plus for the chair. Sitting in my chair--I can hardly wait.

P.S. One of the plans hatched in my chair is what pictures I want to hang in my sitting room. I am in need of an 8 by 10 of Melody's graduation picture and of Jackson. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.


1 Comments:

  • At November 9, 2004 at 2:00 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    You are taking after your mother. She never met a chair she didn't like.

    You pick the picture and I will supply an 8x10. I think there are a few pictures on-line to choose from.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home